Like many web sites, cookies are used at epati.com.tr (hereinafter referred to as “Portal” for short) to show content and services related to Siber security in visitors, to perform traffic analysis on the Portal and to understand visitor usage habits.
ePati has prepared this Policy to explain which Cookies are used in the Portal and how to manage their preferences in this regard.
What is Cookie (“Cookie”)?
Cookies are very small text files, usually letters and numbers, that are saved by your browsers to your computer (or other devices such as smartphones or tablets) via browsers. Cookies do not contain any personal data such as name, gender, or address related to visitors.
Cookies are created by the servers that manage the website you visit. This way, when the visitor visits the same site, the server can understand it. Cookies can be likened to identity cards that indicate to the website owners that the same visitor has revisited the site.
For more information on cookies, please visit [www.aboutcookies.org] (https://www.aboutcookies.org) and [www.allaboutcookies.org] (https://www.allaboutcookies.org).
Which Cookies are used?
Cookies can be categorized as ownership, lifetime and usage purposes.
- According to its content, Portal cookies and third party Cookies are used. While portal cookies are managed by epati.com, third party cookies are managed by different companies.
- Based on the lifetime of use, session cookies and permanent cookies are used. Session cookies are permanently deleted while your visitor abandons the Portal, persistent cookies are staying on their device for a period of time.
- For purposes of use, the Portal uses technical cookies, verification cookies, targeting / advertising cookies, personalization cookies and analytics cookies.
Why are cookies being used?
On the Portal, Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of the portal For example, Portal members can login with their membership information.
- Analyzing the Portal and improving the performance of the Portal For example, to determine the number of visitors to the Portal and to make performance settings or to find out what they are looking for.
To increase the functionality and ease of use of the portal For example, to remember the username information or search queries on the next visit of the visitor who visits the portal, or to link to third party social media activities via Portal.
- Performing personalization, targeting, and advertising activity For example, showing ads through interest pages through walk-up display pages and products.
How to Manage Cookie Preferences
It is extremely important for epati.com that visitors can freely use their preferences as to what personal data they own. However, preference management is not possible for cookies, which is mandatory for Portal to work. Also note that various functions of the Portal may not work if some Cookies are closed.
The information about how you can manage your preferences for cookies used in the Portal is as follows:
- Visitors have the ability to customize their preferences for cookies by changing the browser settings they view the Portal. If the browser being used offers this capability, it is possible to change preferences for Cookies via browser settings. Thus, although the browser may vary according to what it offers, data owners have the option of preventing cookies from being used, choosing to be alerted before a cookie is used, or simply releasing or deleting some cookies. While the preferences in this regard vary depending on the browser used, a general description can be found at [www.aboutcookies.org] (https://www.aboutcookies.org). Preferences for cookies may need to be made separately for each device for which the visitor has access to the Portal.
- [Click to close cookies managed by Google Analytics] (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
- [Click here] (https://myaccount.google.com/not-supported?pli=1) to manage the personalized ad experience provided by Google
- Preferences for cookies that many firms use for their advertising activities can be managed through [Your Online Choices] (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/en/Ad-contents).
- The mobile device’s settings menu can be used to manage cookies via mobile devices.
What rights do the visitors have?
Pursuant to Article 11 of the Protection of Personal Data Act No. 6698, by applying to ePati,
- To learn whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information about personal data if it has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to which the personal data are transferred in or out of the country,
- Requesting correction of personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed, and requesting that the process performed in this context be notified to the third party to whom personal data is transferred,
- Requesting that personal data be erased or destroyed in the event that the reasons for its processing are not fulfilled despite the fact that it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, and requesting that the process carried out in this context be notified to third parties,
- Objecting to the appearance of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- It has the right to claim damages in case of loss of personal data due to the processing of personal data against the blood.
Such rights shall be assessed and finalized within 30 (thirty) days in any case when transmitted by personal data owners in writing or via registered e-mail address. The ePati reserves the right to charge fees on a tariff basis as determined by the ePati Personal Data Protection Board, provided that no claims are made in relation to claims.
Changes in Consent and Policy
ePati can change the time it wishes the Policy provisions. The current Policy shall take effect on the date posted on the Portal.
Last updated on: 30/08/2018
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used for the duration of your visit to our portal, which are cleared after you close the browser.
The main purpose of using such cookies is to ensure that the Portal works properly during your visit.
For example; you are able to fill out online forms consisting of multiple pages.
Persistent cookies are types of cookies that are used to increase the functionality of the Portal and provide a quicker and better service to our site. Such cookies are used to remind visitors of preferences and are stored on the device used via the browser.
Some types of persistent cookies can be used to offer specific suggestions to you, taking into account such things as the purpose of your use of the Portal.
Because of the permanent cookies, if you visit the same site again, your device will check if there is a cookie created by the Portal, and if so, it will be understood that you have already visited the site and the content to be sent to you will be determined accordingly.
Technical cookies are provided to work with the Portal, and the pages and areas of the website that are not working are detected.
If visitors enter their Portal using their passwords, such cookies will prevent the user from re-entering their password on every page by determining that the visitor is the site user on each page visited on the Portal.
Targeting / Advertising Cookies
The types of cookies that are used to customize the ads served to the user on the portal and to prevent the display of ads that have already been displayed.
It is a cookie used to remind users of preferences of different Portal pages. For example, remembering your preferred language preference.
The number of visitors to the Portal with analytic cookies are the cookies that enable the production of analytical results such as the detection of the pages displayed in the Portal, the Portal visit times, and the movement of the Portal pages.